Rebuild & Return Only
- For complete rebuilding send complete carburetors, but without manifold or air cleaners (linkage: optional).
- For rebushing send just carb bodies with old shafts, butterflies, and throttle stops.
- See also Shipping to/from Apple on Ordering Page.
Needles & Jets
- Individually available for Zenith-Stromberg and S.U. carburetors. The most common problem we solve for our customers is richer needles to compensate for the current ethanol blended gasoline which causes the British cars to run lean. We also do custom needles for the race car folk's. Another popular item is our package of 3 to 6 of needles in a range for a particular car, which allows the car owner to dial in the carbs for the best performance. Picking up an additional 6 to 10 HP for $40 or so is a bargain not to mention seat of the pants improvement. OEM needles by necessity had to be a compromise between economy, performance and drivability in a wide range of climates and elevations. Why not optimize your car for maximum performance?
- Most needles $5 to $18 each
Carburetors: SU and Zenith-Stromberg
- Are you content with erratic idling? Resigned yourself to fiddling with your carbs each weekend?
- Chances are good that the carburetors on your sports car have never been rebuilt.
- Worn out needles and jets can cause too rich mixture or flooding condition. Result: Fouled plugs and premature wear on rings and bearings
- Worn throttle shafts allow vacuum leaks which can cause a lean gas mixture and increased combustion temperatures. Result: premature valve failure
- Worn float bowl needles can cause flooding out the overflow tubes. Result: increased danger of engine compartment fires
- Any combination of the above conditions can spell disaster for even an apparently good running or rebuilt motor.
$425 - $515/pair
|Carburetors completely disassembled and cleaned
Housings rebushed, new standard size throttle shafts
New jets, new needles, new float valves
New gaskets and O-rings
Individually flow bench tested
5 day turnaround time
$425/pair Zenith-Strombergs, SU HS and HIF Series
$465/pair SU H Series and Hitachi
$515/pair SU HD Series
REBUSHING, WITH NEW SHAFTS
|Carburetor bodies rebushed
New standard size shafts installed
|1958-62||Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite||H1|
|1953-56||Austin Healey 100-4||H4, H6|
|1957-67||Austin Healey 100-6, 3000 Mk I, II, III||HS4, HS6, HD6, HD8|
|1966-72||Datsun 1600, 2000, 240Z||Hitachi (SU)|
|1953-57||Jaguar XK 120/140||H6|
|1958-62||Jaguar XK 150||HD6|
|1968-77||Jaguar XKE, XJ6, XJ12||Zenith-Stromberg|
|1963-74||MG Midget, Austin Healey Sprite||HS2|
|1958-62||MGA 1500, 1600, 1622||H4|
|1958-60||MGA Twin Cam||H6|
|1956-65||Triumph TR-3, TR-4||H6|
|1965-67||Triumph TR-4A||HS6, Zenith-Stromberg|
We also rebuild carbs onAston Martin
Austin A-55, 850, 1800
Bugeye Sprite 948
Austin Healey TRI-CARB
Morris MM, II, 1000, Oxford, Mini Minor, MG 1100, Magnette
Rover 3 Litre, 2000
Volvo B14-A, B16-B, B18-B, B20